Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gun Violence Crisis: My Thoughts



Hey cyber world, I know it's been a while since my last real entry but I've been a little preoccupied with work and getting ready to launch my company. My hands are extremely full but it's nothing I can't handle.

Anyway, today I'd really like to address the gun violence issue that's going on this country. It really saddens my heart when I hear news stories and read articles about all these young people shooting each other. Week after week, that is all I hear on the news. School shooting here and school massacre there. It's becoming a serious epidemic that gets worse by the week. It's really scary to think what this country will become in the next few years if things continue the way they do.


Sometimes I wonder what is going on in these people's lives that would cause them to direct so much anger and violence towards innocent people, especially children. There's got to be a better way to deal with the problems. We need to find a solution to better cope with our issues so that we don't bring harm to other people amidst our anger. I wish there was something I could do to bring a little peace to this country.

How do we solve this growing crisis that's going on with the youth of today? We're supposed to represent the future. Is this what we really want our country to become? Are we now supposed skip school for fear of another school shooting? Do we just ignore the issue because it hasn't hit close to home? What kind of message are we as a young people trying to send to the rest of the world? Is it hate? Fear? Psychological dysfunction? What is it?

As a whole, I feel that my generation has become lost and confused with no real guidance or leadership. It saddens me even more to know that I am a part of that lost and confused generation, knowing that I have little sisters, brothers, cousins, nieces and nephews who idolize and look up to us.

How are we supposed to teach them love, compassion and peace when everything they see in the media promotes hate, anger and violence??

No comments:

Post a Comment